Monday, September 29, 2008

Idaho State Fair



David and I took Abigail to the Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot, ID on 3SEP2008. It was the first time we took Abigail to something by ourself. We had a great time. She did get a little tired, but over all she did great. I would definitely do it again. We did the traditional things. EAT, go on a few rides, and bought cotton candy, checked out all the farm animals, and the displays for the contests, such as cake decorating, paintings, sewing, etc. Here are a few pictures of our day.


Grampy and Abigail

Don't you just love the way her glasses are on her face? Cute!




Little Feather Abigail


Just checking out the displays in one of the buildings. She was getting a little tired at this time.




Grammy and Abigail Riding the Carousel

David and I were afraid she would be scared on it. But she loved it. Waving to Grampy.


Abigail Playing in the Sandbox

Abigail Riding her "Pig"


Best of Show Cake
The Frog Prince
I had to take a few pictures of the cake contest seeing I am a cake decorator (or want to be).
This cake was darling. A lot of work went into decorating this cake. It would definitely be a hard one to eat.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
This cake was also adorable. I would not have wanted to be the judge.

This flower was beautiful. I'm not sure how she did it because the petals were quite big. She must have had some special tips to use for this flower.


Whimsical Cake-Tea Time Anyone?

There are a couple of mice on this cake. Yummy!

Plastic Canvas Doll House

I thought about my mom when I saw this doll house.
She use to love working with plastic canvas.






2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I was thinking with that flower that she molded it from something. I know they usually have a sugar art decorating contest. Last year they had an orchid made out of sugar. It looked completely real, and so beautiful. I figured the flower on this cake was probably something similar.

Erin said...

Wow, those cakes are amazing. You can't even tell that some of them are cakes. Wow.