Tuesday, December 30, 2008
1. Four places that I go to over and over? Church, the store, the mailbox & the bathroom.
2. Four people who e-mail me regularly? Occasionally I get an email from Linda, Leslie, Heather and my friend Carolyn.
3. Four of my favorite places to eat? Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, Chili's, & a good Chinese restaurant.
4. Four other places I would rather be right now? At Heather, Leslie, Erin, & Kari's.
5. Four people I think will respond? Kari, Erin, Leslie, & Heather. (Notice I reversed the order.)
6. Four TV shows I watch? Survivor, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Heroes, & Biggest Loser.
Now, for all you blog readers, go ahead and copy this onto your blogs. Have fun! It is harder than it looks.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (been there, but don't remember if we walked to the top)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (really a 4 day ferry trip, but still fun)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (been on "Inside Edition" and "The Price Is Right")
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (on the ferry)
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life (Does back seat driving count?)
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Totally copied a post from someone else's blog to your own
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Kari Before Baby
Steve in Scrubs for Surgery
The Buccambuso Family
(Notice the tongue. Just like his father! Always smiling with his tongue showing.)
Monday, September 29, 2008
Little Feather Abigail
Just checking out the displays in one of the buildings. She was getting a little tired at this time.
Grammy and Abigail Riding the Carousel
David and I were afraid she would be scared on it. But she loved it. Waving to Grampy.
This flower was beautiful. I'm not sure how she did it because the petals were quite big. She must have had some special tips to use for this flower.
Whimsical Cake-Tea Time Anyone?
There are a couple of mice on this cake. Yummy!
Plastic Canvas Doll House
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Does this help to access the scrapbook? I have only finished one of the pages. Need to download more of our pictures into photobucket so I can do the other pages.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
My family trip was a disaster/memory extraordinaire. Now when we look back on it it's all laughs. But it wasn't at the time. Bad weather (Richard almost drowning, and dad saving him); mom getting lost (we didn't even realize she was lost and she cried because we didn't even miss her); car accident (trailer hitch was broken loose and had to have it welded back on [several times on the trip]) and dad having to go to jail and post bond because of the accident. (He made an illegal U-turn that was not posted as no u-turn. While two local boys who were drag racing didn't get ticketed.) Buying an OLD truck because our Volkswagen was stuck in gear so we had to tow it home from SD. Then the truck died, I don't remember what was wrong with it, but we (sisters and brothers) were riding in the towed Volkswagen. Cleaburn and I were playing with the gear shift in the van, and we managed to get it out of the stuck gear. So we told dad we "fixed" it (hoping we would not get in trouble for playing with the van.) So he checked and we were right. (A screw had gotten down in the gear shift area and stopped the shift from moving.) So we left the truck (I think we were in Kansas at this time) and continued driving home in the van (Volkswagen). (Dad went back for it later and towed it back home.) We didn't quite make it home when the brakes went out on the van, but dad drove it with only the emergeny brake. We finally made it home safely. What a trip.
So now to make a story (blog) short, back to our trip. David and I had a great time. While driving through Yellowstone, David read mom's journal. (We had transcribed her story onto our computer years ago.) It made us cry thinking about how mom felt and what we had experienced 40 years ago. But it was a good cry. So here are a few pictures of mine and David's trip. Hope you enjoy.
Old Faithful Erupting
(For those who have not seen it. The last half of it's performance sideways. Sorry.)
8 TV shows I watch
3. Dancing with the Stars
4. Home improvements shows on HGTV (I don't have cable TV, so I don't see them often.)
6. Jerico (But they took it off the air. Darn!)
7. Amazing Race (is ok)
8. 24 (Was ok but a little far fetched. Also off the air.)
8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Olive Garden
2. Papa Murphy's
4. Texas Roadhouse
5. Thai restaurant outside Ft. Bragg
8. Not TGI Friday's (Had a bad experience while at Leslie's.)
8 things that happened yesterday
1. Opened up the chicken coop for the day
2. Went to my sister Nancy's house
3. Scrapbooked with Nancy
4. Went out to lunch with Nancy, Gary, Becky, Kim, Austin, & Paige at a Chinese restaurant in Harrisburg.
5. Went shopping with Nancy and Gary at Salvation Army and Wal-Mart. (Bought Baby Buc a bunch of clothes for only 39 cents each. Super sale. ALL clothes were only 39 cents.
6. Mailed a package to Leslie and Kari. Audio books to Leslie that we borrowed from her library in town. Maternity tops for Kari.
7. Met David at the end of the Eddyville blacktop at 6pm to go back home. However David didn't show up. He worked late and couldn't get me on the cell phone. So Nancy took me all the way home. She is a sweetheart. :)
8. Watched Dancing with the Stars. Again :)
8 things I look forward to
1. Kari having her baby.
2. Maybe seeing Abigail and Bryant when I go to help Kari.
3. David getting a job that he will enjoy.
4. Seeing my daughters
5. Someday building a REAL house.
6. All my girls getting a house.
7. Family reunions of any kind.
8. Erin getting married. :) (Not too much pressure here, Spencer. LOL)
8 things I love about Fall
1. The colors of the trees. Beautiful!
2. Fallen leaves. I like to crunch in them when I walk. Fun!
4. Halloween and decorating for it.
7. Not having to try to keep the house cool, but also not having to turn on the heat yet.
8. Christmas is almost here. (Hehehe)
8 things on my wish list
1. Get a house
2. Go on a cruise
3. Buy a new car
4. Finish the yard
5. Live closer to ALL my girls. (Like that is ever going to happen.)
6. A garden that actually grows like it's supposed to
7. A new camera. (Mine died on our way home from Yellowstone.) :(
8. Having another baby. (Boy, I bet that got you. Hehehe)
You girls had good answers. Thanks. It makes it easier for me.
8 People I tag
No one. If you want to do this for fun, then do it. If not, then that's ok too.
Monday, September 15, 2008
I'm working on a trail crew for the Shawnee National Forest. We make and maintain hiking and equestrian trails on the forest. Our main area is the Lusk Creek Wilderness which is near Eddyville. We hike in to wherever we are working for the day, do the work, and hike out. It is hard physical work and when we are working in the wilderness all the work has to be done with hand tools, not power tools are allowed. We dig, cut trees, move rocks, make big rocks into little rocks, and pile brush to try and discourage people from making new trails.
Something really crazy about the job; Ray Broadway is on the crew.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Carl, Leslie, Abigail, and Bryant Stratton
Thursday, July 24, 2008
I think: Not very often.
I know: Not much.
I want: Most things.
I have: Four great daughters and their families and a great husband. What more could you want?
I wish: I could see my daughters and their families more often.
I hate: Being so far from my daughters.
I miss: My daughters. (Were you expecting this answer?)
I fear: Not knowing my grandchildren.
I smell: Nothing at the present moment.
I crave: Something, but I don't know what it is. Wish I did because I am hungry.
I search: For stuff all the time. Sometimes I get lucky and find it. Like the pattern for making Squirts blessing outfit.
I wonder: What the future will be like. Don't you?
I regret: Not having my father with me longer. He died at the age of 50.
I love: My family. Even my extended one.
I care: For lots of things. My family, the environment, my health (and for my family's health), for the future of the world.
I always: Want to be a better person.
I am not: That better person. But I keep trying. Maybe someday.
I believe: In Jesus Christ. A living prophet (Thomas S. Monson).
I dance: Not much at all.
I sing: Not very good. But I like to. Can't carry a tune.
I don't always: Say the right word.
I write: Not very often. I use to be great at it. But it died about the time my father died. Don't know why that happened, but it did. Weird.
I lose: My mind at times. Who doesn't?
I win: Every now and then. Thank goodness. It feels good.
I never: Say never.
I listen: Not well enough. But I am trying to be better at it.
I can usually be found: At home.
I am scared: Of dogs. I love puppies, but not dogs.
I need: A real house.
I am happy about: My family.
I tag: No one. Sorry Leslie. But if someone wants to do this, they can without me tagging them. I love you. :)
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
Right now our big thing is trying to put a fence around our garden. It is a 5 ft fence. Hoping to keep our chickens out of it. I had it planted once, and the chickens ate most of the new tender plants. So I will have to replant after the fence is up. Still need to get 6 poles in the ground. And then, of course, put up the fencing and then making gates. Hopefully we get all this done before the season it over. :)