Hope you will be able to view my scrapbook pages. :)
Monday, September 29, 2008
Little Feather Abigail
Just checking out the displays in one of the buildings. She was getting a little tired at this time.
Grammy and Abigail Riding the Carousel
David and I were afraid she would be scared on it. But she loved it. Waving to Grampy.
This flower was beautiful. I'm not sure how she did it because the petals were quite big. She must have had some special tips to use for this flower.
Whimsical Cake-Tea Time Anyone?
There are a couple of mice on this cake. Yummy!
Plastic Canvas Doll House
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Does this help to access the scrapbook? I have only finished one of the pages. Need to download more of our pictures into photobucket so I can do the other pages.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
My family trip was a disaster/memory extraordinaire. Now when we look back on it it's all laughs. But it wasn't at the time. Bad weather (Richard almost drowning, and dad saving him); mom getting lost (we didn't even realize she was lost and she cried because we didn't even miss her); car accident (trailer hitch was broken loose and had to have it welded back on [several times on the trip]) and dad having to go to jail and post bond because of the accident. (He made an illegal U-turn that was not posted as no u-turn. While two local boys who were drag racing didn't get ticketed.) Buying an OLD truck because our Volkswagen was stuck in gear so we had to tow it home from SD. Then the truck died, I don't remember what was wrong with it, but we (sisters and brothers) were riding in the towed Volkswagen. Cleaburn and I were playing with the gear shift in the van, and we managed to get it out of the stuck gear. So we told dad we "fixed" it (hoping we would not get in trouble for playing with the van.) So he checked and we were right. (A screw had gotten down in the gear shift area and stopped the shift from moving.) So we left the truck (I think we were in Kansas at this time) and continued driving home in the van (Volkswagen). (Dad went back for it later and towed it back home.) We didn't quite make it home when the brakes went out on the van, but dad drove it with only the emergeny brake. We finally made it home safely. What a trip.
So now to make a story (blog) short, back to our trip. David and I had a great time. While driving through Yellowstone, David read mom's journal. (We had transcribed her story onto our computer years ago.) It made us cry thinking about how mom felt and what we had experienced 40 years ago. But it was a good cry. So here are a few pictures of mine and David's trip. Hope you enjoy.
Old Faithful Erupting
(For those who have not seen it. The last half of it's performance sideways. Sorry.)
8 TV shows I watch
3. Dancing with the Stars
4. Home improvements shows on HGTV (I don't have cable TV, so I don't see them often.)
6. Jerico (But they took it off the air. Darn!)
7. Amazing Race (is ok)
8. 24 (Was ok but a little far fetched. Also off the air.)
8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Olive Garden
2. Papa Murphy's
4. Texas Roadhouse
5. Thai restaurant outside Ft. Bragg
8. Not TGI Friday's (Had a bad experience while at Leslie's.)
8 things that happened yesterday
1. Opened up the chicken coop for the day
2. Went to my sister Nancy's house
3. Scrapbooked with Nancy
4. Went out to lunch with Nancy, Gary, Becky, Kim, Austin, & Paige at a Chinese restaurant in Harrisburg.
5. Went shopping with Nancy and Gary at Salvation Army and Wal-Mart. (Bought Baby Buc a bunch of clothes for only 39 cents each. Super sale. ALL clothes were only 39 cents.
6. Mailed a package to Leslie and Kari. Audio books to Leslie that we borrowed from her library in town. Maternity tops for Kari.
7. Met David at the end of the Eddyville blacktop at 6pm to go back home. However David didn't show up. He worked late and couldn't get me on the cell phone. So Nancy took me all the way home. She is a sweetheart. :)
8. Watched Dancing with the Stars. Again :)
8 things I look forward to
1. Kari having her baby.
2. Maybe seeing Abigail and Bryant when I go to help Kari.
3. David getting a job that he will enjoy.
4. Seeing my daughters
5. Someday building a REAL house.
6. All my girls getting a house.
7. Family reunions of any kind.
8. Erin getting married. :) (Not too much pressure here, Spencer. LOL)
8 things I love about Fall
1. The colors of the trees. Beautiful!
2. Fallen leaves. I like to crunch in them when I walk. Fun!
4. Halloween and decorating for it.
7. Not having to try to keep the house cool, but also not having to turn on the heat yet.
8. Christmas is almost here. (Hehehe)
8 things on my wish list
1. Get a house
2. Go on a cruise
3. Buy a new car
4. Finish the yard
5. Live closer to ALL my girls. (Like that is ever going to happen.)
6. A garden that actually grows like it's supposed to
7. A new camera. (Mine died on our way home from Yellowstone.) :(
8. Having another baby. (Boy, I bet that got you. Hehehe)
You girls had good answers. Thanks. It makes it easier for me.
8 People I tag
No one. If you want to do this for fun, then do it. If not, then that's ok too.
Monday, September 15, 2008
I'm working on a trail crew for the Shawnee National Forest. We make and maintain hiking and equestrian trails on the forest. Our main area is the Lusk Creek Wilderness which is near Eddyville. We hike in to wherever we are working for the day, do the work, and hike out. It is hard physical work and when we are working in the wilderness all the work has to be done with hand tools, not power tools are allowed. We dig, cut trees, move rocks, make big rocks into little rocks, and pile brush to try and discourage people from making new trails.
Something really crazy about the job; Ray Broadway is on the crew.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Carl, Leslie, Abigail, and Bryant Stratton