All You Ever Wanted to Know About My Christmas Habits and More!
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay,here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire message and paste onto your blog.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? My favorite is brown paper bags. I cut them apart, to use as paper. Then I put ribbon on them. They look beautiful under the tree. Very country, but I like country. And you can't get any cheaper than that. The ribbon is only $2 for 500 yards. That will last a looong time.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. It is cheaper in the long run. Plus I can't see cutting down a tree for using only a month. People need to use a potted tree if they want a real tree. Then plant it in the yard.
3. When do you put up the tree? Shortly after Thanksgiving. If I put up a tree. I haven't the past few years. No one to see it now that the girls are gone. It is too much work for just David and I. Plus we don't have room for it in our clubhouse. :(
4. When do you take the tree down? January. If I put one up.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not at all.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? It would be a toss between my bike or the Barbie doll house that my mother made. It was awesome. We loved it. My granddaughter, Abigail, has it now.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone. I am too practical. It takes me awhile to get inspired.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Grandchildren. But even then I ask, because seeing that I am practical, I don't want to buy them something that their parents really don't want them to have, or need. They too are practical.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Lots. I have no idea how many I have. Getting a new one this year from David. :)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. If I do any. Maybe I should try email.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Motorcycle. It was for Cleaburn and I. It never worked. It was horrible. It was an old fixer-upper.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all the time. I usually give the gifts early so I don't have to mail them.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I recall. But I may have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies?
16. Lights on the tree? Definitely. And I prefer clear lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I agree with Leslie. Silver Bells and Far, Far Away on Judea's Plains are great songs. I am not a music person, but I know it is not one of the "commercial" songs. It would be a Christmas hymn.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay at home, but the girls can't come here, so I would definitely go to one of their homes instead. I love it when we can all be together. Last year (2007) was great because we were all together at Leslie's house. (Minus Nick. He doesn't like to fly.)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Usually an angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJs on Christmas Eve. Everything else is on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Driving in the snow.
23. Favorite thing to do? Drink hot chocolate and visit family and friends.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Turkey and cranberry relish.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To be with my children and their families.